It ain't over until it's over

Listen baby this is for you
I've written to you like I've written to few
This is my promise to you
For there was a promise I couldn't keep
Cause the time wasn't right
But this time I will, for you

People will disagree, me starting to look for you
Fight me bitch, I love him, it's true
Baby, I will never not look for you
You're my soldier, you're my king
I would never want to hurt you

Cause I can be your king, too
I will walk through shit for you
For I have seen you do it, too
Baby, you inspire me
And I look up to few

For a lot of what I do today
for the way I think today
the one to thank is you
you made me the person I am this day

Every sip of tea that I take,
Half of it, I swallow for you
When I'm offered food I accept
Just the way you taught me to

Then our song comes on and I song along
But it's wrong, too
Because the person who should sing is you
I promise you,
I will put on a song to dance to
And for every step that I take,
I will imagine you dancing, too

Baby, for every arrow I throw
I will aim right back home
They will ask “are you sure?”
They will say “hundred?”
I will say “thousand”
Baby, for you
You know it's true

Next time on the bus, I will ask he who smells just like you,
“What's the name of that perfume?”
So I know where I can find you,
Though it's not really you
But I will close my eyes and for a moment…
I swear it was you!

But I take a bit and I chew
I choke on it, it tastes just like you
Choke bitch, you deserved this, didn't you?

Then I was told where to look for you,
So I returned home
And my own arrow struck me
Fuck me!
I fell to the floor
But this time, I swear, you fucking fell, too

So we started to move,
Had the arrow removed,
But we lied in our blood,
We looked at the sky and
searched for the moon

I got a wolf in my chest,
Longing to howl,
But the moon is gone,
So I took my arrow and I struck it too
Now it will never howl again,
Cause we both know damn well
the sky ain't fucking blue

Cause this is what I owe to you
You're my angel without halo
I will never back down
I will stand forever
Cause it ain't over until it's over
I'm coming home to you,
Oh, my lover
If you allow me to

2015

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Blir glad för alla kommentarer! ♥